Dating royal copenhagen
Krog was determined to straighten up the Blue Fluted pattern, and designed the pattern used today.
The following year, he created Blue Fluted Full Lace (1885) and Blue Fluted Half Lace (1885).
The figure above shows the development of the mark from 1901 - 1906. The Beehive mark was the A from Aluminia and the thee wavy lines from Royal Copenhagen.
This hand painted A was used in the period 1901 - 1933. The artist signature was given with Roman numerals first, later with a painter number in Arabic numbers and finally the monogram in letters.
The jungle series made of firebrick came in in 1931 and was marked with the three wavy lines as Royal Copenhagen stoneware.
The decoration numbering from the Jungle stoneware 5001-5038.
At the turn of the century, Royal Copenhagen was one of most innovative leaders in the field of porcelain, and their products were sold worldwide.
The leading position on the international market remained up through the 20th century, as new designers and artists were engaged to renew, and develop the product line continuously.
Royal Copenhagen opened a store in Paris, in 1890, and 7 years later in the fashionable “Old Bond Street” in London.
But the period from 1901 - 1928 became a new period of success under the artistic input from Chr.
Joachim (1870-1943) and Harald Slott-Mller (1864-1937). They crated the important works of Danish Skonvirke in the coloristic Art faience of Aluminia.
Inspired by Chinese porcelain, Frantz Heinrich Müller created in the late 1770s, dinnerware and vases with blue motifs on white porcelain and elegant fluting along the edge – the Blue Fluted porcelain, that Royal Copenhagen is famous for today.
Unfortunately, the factory had financial problems, and the King had to step in and take over in 1779.