Israword co ildating
1989 — Rich Behrendt begins editing The Diamond, and joins the board in place of Roger Rasor.1990 — The ELHS board states formally that the development of an archives facility to house the growing collection and encourage further donations is a priority of the Society.They included Larry De Young, Ralph Fredenburg, John and David Gould, Tony Horn, Ed Kelsey, and Joe Slanser.1972 — Led by Tony Horn, and hosted by Railroad Model Craftsmen publisher Hal Carstens, the modelers meet again, this time in Ramsey, NJ.With its final liquidation imminent, the Erie Lackawanna Liquidating Trust donates its corporate archives to The University of Akron, at Grant’s suggestion.Professor Grant also encourages the ELHS to consider placing its growing collection with The University of Akron Archival Services.1998 — Nate Clark joins the archives steering committee.2001 — At its thirtieth birthday annual meeting in Marion, OH, the ELHS announces substantial progress in its effort to catalog its archival collection at the University of Akron.
Roger Grant completes his book, Erie Lackawanna: Death of an American Railroad, 1938 – 1992.
Rasor continues to edit the principal publication, renamed The Diamond to reflect the monogram of the Erie Lackawanna and its predecessor, the Erie.
De Young edits the newsletter, renamed the Extra Board.
1995 — Bob Rose assumes the position of membership chairman and replaces Dave Olesen as vice president and board member.
The Erie Lackawanna Historical Society, Inc., and the University of Akron sign a ten-year repository agreement covering the placement of the archives with the University Archives.